Applications are invited for the position of Parish Clerk and Responsible Financial Officer to Stainland and District Parish Council
This position offers an exciting opportunity to be involved in the administration of this newly created parish council. The position will be is based at the new Parish Council office within Stainland Library for 6 hours per week during library opening times of Monday 4-6.30pm,Wednesday 2- 5pm and Friday 2- 5pm.
Duties will include: -
- Attendance at regular Parish Council meetings - usually one evening meeting every third Thursday of the month plus occasional additional meetings
- Producing Agendas in consultation with the Chairman.
- Producing Minutes of the meetings.
- Monitoring actions/decisions of the Parish Council and advising the Council on its statutory duties and the regulatory requirements regarding its activities.
- Dealing with all correspondence including emails, planning applications, etc.
- Updating the Parish Council website
- Liaising with the public and all other agencies, including Calderdale MBC
As Responsible Financial Officer the successful applicant will be responsible for all aspects of accounts, orders, payments, and preparing the annual final accounts for the External Auditor.
The successful applicant will have good communication skills, be flexible and self-motivated and willing to undertake relevant training. IT literacy is essential to the role.
Since this is a newly created council previous experience in this role or similar local government administration would be preferable.
Salary £10-£12 per hour, depending upon the experience of the applicant.
Application Form, Job Description and Person Specification can be obtained by emailing email@example.com
or by writing to
Stainland and District Parish Council
Halifax HX4 9HW
Closing Date 31st May 2018